This episode is from when I was a guest on The Run Smarter Podcast by Physiotherapist Brodie Sharpe. In this episode, I talk about how recreational runners can incorporate S&C into their week to achieve favourable adaptations, whilst minimising interference with running sessions and progress.
Although it doesn’t need to be complex, there are some key things that runners should look out for in order to make the most of their time and effort with S&C training.
Some things I talk about are:
- What a typical week of S&C training can look like for a recreational runner, including frequency, intensity and exercise examples
- Exercise dosages like sets and reps
- Periodisation of training when preparing for a race
- What runners should aim to ‘feel’ during strength training
- Muscle activation
- Different types of muscle fatigue
- The most bang for your buck equipment for home S&C training
Whether you are new to S&C or looking to optimise the application of your current routine, you will no doubt get a lot from this episode. Enjoy!
Get in touch with Brodie:
Website: breakthroughrunning.physio + runsmarter.online
Book in for a Physiotherapy appt with Trang: https://www.healthhp.com.au/contact-us
Apply for running or S&C coaching with Trang: https://trang92.typeform.com/to/JMsu8J
Sign up for the weekly 'Dose of Learnings' email subscription: http://www.themotionmechanic.com/mailing-list-sign-up/